IT teams and sales departments are facing pressure to deliver operational efficiencies across their workstreams and workforces. RingCentral announced several innovations across its business cloud phone system and its unified business communications platform to help customers automate menial tasks, reduce app switching and create custom workflows to solve unique business needs. In short, it is looking to add more efficiency into business workflows and increase the value of users’ investment in their UCaaS solution.
“We’re focused on delivering the best-connected experiences to reduce operational inefficiencies and enable people to effortlessly connect with customers, teams and everyone in between,” said Kira Makagon, chief innovation officer at RingCentral.
RingCentral’s open platform will boost Salesforce and HubSpot to help sales teams perform better. With RingCentral’s Salesforce integration enhancements, reps can click numbers to send a SMS and also conduct a warm transfer. Sales teams can also send and view SMS messages and access voicemail and fax capabilities within HubSpot.
New advanced phone capabilities are designed to help IT teams realize time savings around bulk management and onboarding of distributed teams:
- Forward business calls to another extension, voicemail or shared line with a single click when going on break or vacation.
- Call pre-programmed numbers as soon as the phone is taken off the hook.
- Instantly lock down lines within particular sites so users can only make and receive calls to/from a phone number designated by emergency services.
- The Resource Center tool built into the RingCentral app provides users with self-service resources to help them access rich instructional videos, documentation, feature overviews and help and support.
- RingCentral’s line of business analytics is available through APIs as a public beta.
RingCentral is also offering users access to more apps within the RingCentral app, allowing them to save time with easier app-switching. Add-ins implemented include Google Drive, Google Forms, HubSpot, Zendesk, TextBot SMS, Trello, poll and auto-reply.
With these new innovations offered by RingCentral, businesses able to provide more effective tools to enable hybrid work, while ultimately unlocking cost-saving business benefits.
Edited by Erik Linask