AI is revolutionizing work dynamics, forcing business leaders to adapt their digital transformation strategies. With the need to achieve greater results using limited resources, drive growth and extract maximum value from business models within shorter timeframes, the impact of AI is reshaping the way people work.
UiPath, a software company that provides a platform for automating repetitive and mundane tasks in businesses, knows that "this is the way” (taking the famous line from “The Mandalorian”). To relate that to this article, AI is the way forward for business success. The UiPath Business Automation Platform, for example, empowers organizations to automate repetitive and rule-based processes, improve operational efficiency, reduce errors and free up employees' time for more strategic and value-added activities. It supports a wide range of industries and sectors, making it a versatile solution for automation needs across different business functions.
To continue to elevate how organizations act on information flows between the various systems, people and communications necessary to get work done, UiPath announced its latest platform features that help customers discover, automate and operate at scale with AI-powered automation through the UiPath Platform 2023.4 update.
The UiPath platform is already embedded with AI capabilities that enhance automation possibilities. New AI features include:
- Generative AI support: OpenAI connector provides predictive text and chat completion based on ChatGPT functionality and the Azure OpenAI Service.
- Open Connectors: New connectors for leading AI services such as Google Vision, Microsoft Vision, Microsoft Sentiment, Microsoft Translator and AWS SageMaker.
- Clipboard AI: Advanced AI specifically for non-technical knowledge workers; takes the waste out of copy/paste. Clipboard AI learns while users perform daily repetitive work, such as copying high volumes of data from source spreadsheets, documents, apps and photos and then pasting the data into new destinations with different formats, labels and data conventions. Clipboard AI then performs the entire work on behalf of the worker.
- Solution Accelerators: Packaged technical documentation, workflows and models reduce customer time and expense on discovery, design and development. Initial accelerators include IT Service Management, Finance: Purchase to Pay as well as Healthcare: Digital Intake Optimization.
- ROI comparison: Easily discover the most impactful automations in terms of ROI, identify the gaps between estimations and actual results and gain perspective to inform automation strategy.
UiPath also announced new developer tools. These new offerings extend options for citizen developers and professional developers to put automation into practice faster with enhanced low-code tools, solution accelerators and automated testing. See below:
- Studio Web offers powerful tools for professional developers and simple and seamless experiences for citizen developers. Cross-platform users get browser-based access to a potent low-code build platform with no software installation required, making it fast and frictionless to expand access to every citizen developer.
- Improved Attended Automation is a new capability in UiPath Studio for automation developers. Trigger-based Attended Automations deliver a richer experience by allowing developers to invoke automations based on specific user actions. Also, enhanced callouts make existing software smarter. These enable users to add custom rules to their existing software suite (for example, character or numerical limits) all without needing to update the underlying application.
- UiPath Apps enhancements: Application life cycle management gets a boost as Apps makes it easier to deploy to folders, and Apps introduces a new highly flexible consumption licensing model for public-facing Apps. The addition of VB.NET expressions language unlocks a universe of new functionality for developers.
- SAP Heatmap: Testers and business analysts can instantly understand SAP health with an at-a-glance visualization that surfaces usage and test results.
“The continuous innovation of AI-powered automation in the UiPath Platform equates to limitless potential for organizations to meet their goals faster,” said Graham Sheldon, Chief Product Officer at UiPath. “Customers want a single platform that enables end-to-end business process transformation. The release of new technologies and capabilities in our platform further accelerates how the C-level leaders can transform their businesses with automation.”
Additional new features include:
- Delivering maximum visibility into how unattended robots perform duties by livestreaming the execution, taking control remotely and recording the last minutes of their sessions for later review or troubleshooting. This solution results in better automation, with reliable and verifiable results, while also reducing total cost of ownership for customers that already use third-party tools for debugging.
- Customers also gain more choice on size and cost, “bring your own license,” UiPath Studio in the base image, Automatic VM Pools and support for multiple runtimes on the same virtual machine.
UiPath now offers an open and flexible platform that empowers customers to leverage the AI ecosystem, including the latest foundational models and generative experiences. This enables faster automation creation, quicker time-to-value and increased productivity gains for organizations.
Edited by Alex Passett